Friday, February 27, 2009

Girls day out

All right, so I caved. Megan had been begging and begging for months to have her hair cut short like all her friends at school. Plus she argued that her long hair always gets stuck and covers her face as she puts her winter face mask on. I also got tired of them looking like they were neglected with their hair in tangles or being all staticy from their hats all the time. It is work that never ends to make keep it combed and neat up here in Alaska.
Megan was so excited and happy! It was so funny, but then as we got here she got really quiet and she sat down in her chair looking pretty shy. She didn't move a muscle and was quiet as a little mouse! She was great! I noticed she occasionally smiled at herself in the mirror. She finally got her wish..

Megan did not want her hair shampooed for some reason, they just sprayed it with water instead. Ashley on the other hand just jumped right up into the chair or whatever, she is so easy going and cool with just about anything.
Now that, does not look comfortable..
Of course the pumpkin munchkin still enjoyed it...
Again..what the heck?! That doesn't look comfortable at all.. Poor girl. Do they not cut little kids hair very often or what..? She did so good for this "strictly professional lady"... I heard her humming a song quietly to herself. She is such a character.
Here's Megan in her new do. I hope you like her new look. It's a huge change! I like it, but the lady cut it just a little shorter than I had asked but, oh well it will grow out.. I am still trying to get used to her short hair. She has always had it long! Megan loooooves her hair, she's probably given me 3-4 hugs these past 3 hours we've been home from the beauty Salon. She keeps looking at herself in the mirror too, and she's smiling at herself touching her hair.. She's very happy with it! She can't wait for Church and for School on Monday to show off her new look!
Ashley's Hair. I just had hers trimmed and layered. She still has some cute little chubby cheeks on her and I thought a too short haircut might be unflattering to her face right now. Maybe in a year or two..

We sure got some dang cute kids...I love it!

No comments: